Realteenreviews's Reviews > The Reckoning

Jul 22, 12

Read on July 22, 2012, read count: 2

*New York Times Bestselling Author

The Gist

After much sneaking and hiding and running Chloe, Derek, Simon, and Tori have finally found what they’ve been looking for; someone they can trust. Instead of having to worry about being caught by the Edison Group, they can finally let their guard down a bit. They have Andrew to look after them. As soon as they arrive at the Anti-Edison-Group safe house Andrew introduces the group to their new teachers. Russell is a shaman and is there to fill in as their doctor for a while. Gwen is a witch, and is there to teach Tori how to control her spells better. Last (and creepiest) is Margaret, a fellow necromancer, and tutor to Chloe. Though Derek and Simon fully trust Andrew, they aren’t so sure about the others. Gwen is so scatter-brained, and Margaret is so stern and Russell is so…creepy. Something just seems a bit off about everyone there. But they’re probably just being paranoid. That’s the result of living on the street and being wanted escapees of the Edison group. As the four try to uncover the mysteries of the Edison group and other genetically modified super naturals, they discover things that shock them, and secrets they wish they’d never even heard about, and truths that have them wondering who they can trust, or if they can ever fully trust anyone again.

What We Think

Reviewed by Dream Catcher

I loved this book so much! I think it was my favorite of the entire series, and that’s really saying something, because I LOVED the Summoning, and the Awakening. This book is a lot more intense than the other two, and there are so many questions answered. It was one of those books you couldn’t put down for a second. The moment I started reading I couldn’t stop until I finished the book, 391 pages later. I’d been looking forward to reading this book for a while now – ever since I finished the Awakening – and I was most definitely not disappointed. I bought it the day it came out and finished it two days later. The only reason it took me so long was because I had to study for a HUGE history test and couldn’t read more than ten (give or take a hundred) pages that night. As always, the writing style was great, the characters were funny, sarcastic, and amazing, and the plot was not very surprising…but still fantastic. I could rant endlessly about how much I enjoyed this series, but I’ll spare you. It was an amazing conclusion to the Darkest Powers trilogy. Yes, trilogy. Meaning this is the last we’ll hear of Chloe Saunders and her incredible zombie powers. Yeah, this made me sad too… However, a book that is supposed to be related to this incredible trilogy by Kelley Armstrong is the Gathering, coming out in Spring of 2011. I, personally, can not wait! Anything by Kelley Armstrong is good for me! Read this and be amazed, as usual! A suspenseful read full of action, betrayal, and romance. The stunning final chapter of the Darkest Powers trilogy.

Real Teen Rating~ A+ : Why are you still reading this, go buy this book now!

Reviewed by The North Star

The Reckoning was by far the best book in the Darkest Power Series. This book had the most interesting story and the best characters out of the three. Derek was super sweet in this book and most times I found my-self awwww really loud and having people give me death stares. Simon was also amazing and even though there were some extremely awkward parts with him and Chloe he was still amazing. The rest of the characters were the same if not better than the previous two books. This book kept me reading into the deep times of the night and even once while walking down the hallway. The only thing that I didn’t like about this book was the fact that it was the last book and how a lot of the questions in the series weren’t answered. In an interview she stated that in later books to come she will give answers to these questions, so not really a big complaint. Everything else I was going to say was stated above by Dream and so that pretty sums up what I was going to say. Everyone who has read the Darkest Power Series should finish off with this one because it was magic!

Real Teen Rating~ A+: Why are you still reading this, go buy this book now!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reckoning.