Realteenreviews's Reviews > The Summoning

bookshelves: series-we-love
Recommended for: Necromancers
Read on July 22, 2012 , read count: 1

The Gist

Chloe Saunders was always considered completely normal. Her perfect world is shattered the day she sees her first ghost. She’s diagnosed with schizophrenia and shipped off to Lyle House, a home from “troubled” teens. As she gets know the other “troubled” kids who are also trapped in the home, she begins to realize that Lyle house may not be as harmless as it appears, and that they have a few skeletons in their closet.

What We Think

Reviewed by Dream Catcher

This book is the first in the Darkest Powers series and a personal favorite of mine. I love the fact that the main character can see ghosts. It’s both creepy and fascinating. The book is written in first person, so you always know what the character is thinking and feeling.

I found this book in my school library while searching for a “project book” for English. I checked it out and began reading it when I got home. I didn’t put it down for three days. I took it with me to every class, just in case we had extra time at the end. I finished it in those three days, returned it to the library, and promptly went out to Barnes and Noble to buy it for myself. I would most definitely recommend this book; it was a real page turner. The characters are unique, the plot line is intriguing, and Kelley Armstrong’s writing is pretty good too. I found the ending quite shocking! Okay, maybe it wasn’t “quite shocking”… but I would never have been able to predict it! All in all, this book was amazing.

Real Teen Rating~A+: Why are you still reading this, go buy this book NOW!

Reviewed by The North Star

This book was recommend by a couple of friends to me and I thought hey it’s about a girl who can see ghosts, you can’t go wrong. When I opened the book I couldn’t put it down. Armstrong wrote this book very cleverly and she made you think that in the end everything was going to be all right but in the end it wasn’t. I have never read a book that had so many twists in the last 20-30pages. The thing that I really like about this book is how stubborn some of the characters are. You can obviously tell when reading who will end up with who but I love the books where the characters like each other but won’t admit it so they flirt the whole time without them even knowing that they are flirting. This book isn’t just another ghost whisperer book its a book about a girl who has powers she doesn’t even know that she has, and tries to live a normal life. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a good read and hopefully you’ll be recommending it to your friends also.

Real Teen Rating~ A+ – Why are you still reading this go buy the book NOW!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summoning.