Brooke's Reviews > Tip It!: The World According to Maggie

Tip It! by Maggie Griffin

Jul 14, 10

Read from July 11 to 14, 2010

I loved this book! Maggie Griffin is an amazing writer-she tells it like it is! It was interesting to read Maggie's perspectives on everything, there's just some things I can't ask my granny (who is around Maggie's age), but Maggie lays it all out there for everyone to see. Nothing is off limits (her daughter Kathy knows a lot about that!), gays, Prop 8, heterosexual marriage, wine, kids, anything! I especially liked how Maggie made a "T-Chart" for her description of "her gays" from when she was growing up, and now. My favorite was about the neckerchiefs. "I miss neckerchiefs." Best line in the book. Period. Maggie-keep the books coming-we love reading them, and you are awesome!

Kathy-I also LOVED how you put your own two cents in. You could tell the difference between Kathy's writing and Maggies very easily, the voices were blended very well, which is very difficult to do in a book like this, so well done you.

Last but not least, Kathy, I'm sorry you had to wear your mother's top in this. It's really not that unfortunate looking, you look pretty good! Not "bikini bod" good, but good!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tip It!.