Jaco's Reviews > Cartoon History of the Universe II, Vol. 8-13: From the Springtime of China to the Fall of Rome

Cartoon History of the Universe II, Vol. 8-13 by Larry Gonick

M_50x66
Dec 26, 07

Very, very good book. However, if one is an ardent Christian, the section on Jesus may possibly offend. But then again, if one is willing to poke fun at oneself's own beliefs, it's quite funny. Again, as I said of the previous volume, I got this back in Middle School. It's a very good read and much of it is very well researched. One thing I like about Larry Gonick is that he tends to cite from primary sources, rather than someone else's research. This means that reading this, the reader will get a very unique interpretation, rather than a regurgitation of someone else's information. But if there's one thing this book does well, is show us just how absurd history can be. Again, my only complaint is that the art towards the end suffers a little. It starts looking rushed towards the end of the Roman Empire and kills the overall consistency of the book's style even just a little bit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cartoon History of the Universe II, Vol. 8-13.