Ashley Lauren's Reviews > Paul Is Undead: The British Zombie Invasion

Paul Is Undead by Alan Goldsher

Apr 25, 12

bookshelves: do-not-recommend
Read from April 04 to 22, 2012

Oh em gee. I think I can safely say this is one of the worst books I have ever read - I know that seems really strong but this was just painful. I tried really, really hard to get through it and made it about halfway before I finally decided I was done wasting my life.

I think it's important to know three things: 1) I love the Beatles. Always have, and am pretty up to date on their history and enjoy learnign more. 2) I love Zombie books, I think they are fun and silly. 3) I have a pretty juvenile sense of humor

Therefore, you would definitely think this would be the perfect book for me. But it's not. It's just plain dumb. Goldsher's premise is fine but none of it makes any sense. He has all this backstory about things that don't work and look -I'm all for changing the standards on the supernatural. It's a bit strange, but I can run with it. But his interpretation of what zombies are and what they can and can't do are just bizarre and don't make any sense.

Funny? Not at all. The whole time I was reading this book I felt like I was listening to an 8 year old trying out comedy for the first time. It was all dry and flat and usually revolved around farts.

I honestly could go on for ages about how personally offended I was by this book. I love the Beatles and this was just such a poor representation...

Ugh. Don't even try.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paul Is Undead.