GraceWastheAnswer's Reviews > The Ersatz Elevator

Jul 07, 10

Recommended to GraceWastheAnswer by: No one
Recommended for: Children & Teens
read count: 3

These stories are interesting, and with the ever present, impending doom, they are extremely difficult to put down. The stories are very unique, bleak, yet silly,or a delightful blend of them both. In the later books, I came to embrace, and enjoy the silliness, and the over explanation of words, as Daniel's own unique sense of humor. I can not believe that he actually believed his readers to be that ignorant. I believe that it was more of a tease_ dark, spiteful, humor, which I thoroughly enjoye...more These stories are interesting, and with the ever present, impending doom, they are extremely difficult to put down. The stories are very unique, bleak, yet silly,or a delightful blend of them both. In the later books, I came to embrace, and enjoy the silliness, and the over explanation of words, as Daniel's own unique sense of humor. I can not believe that he actually believed his readers to be that ignorant. I believe that it was more of a tease_ dark, spiteful, humor, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I think that it is a small cornerstone in the series' uniqueness, and the stories would not have been, as looked forward to, by me, without it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ersatz Elevator.