The Readings of a Busy Mom Riaz's Reviews > No And Me

No And Me by Delphine de Vigan

Jul 08, 10

Read from July 07 to 08, 2010

www.thereadingsofabusymom.blogspot.com

I haven't read a story like No and Me in a while so when I settled into it I didn't want to turn away, the shocking thing was I wasn't expecting to like No and Me as much as I do. It is a touching and an emotional Novel that embraces you into the story line and characters with wide arms allowing you to absorb every detail along the way. The simple wording flows with ease making this an easy and comfortable read.

Lou is a very alluring character, she's very mature for her age when it comes to the knowledge aspects of life, yet innocent in other aspects like boys and other teenage happenings. Lou has a kind heart with pure intentions, even though she has family problems of her own, she never lets them detract her attention away from No.

No was the character I warmed to the most her willpower and strength was well thought over and gave her the 'I don't need your sympathy vibe' Being homeless sounds like hell, and the fact that she coped with it is an achievement in itself. Her character makes you think and be grateful for what we have around us.

Delphine De Vigan's No and Me really intrigued me, with its family in crisis, life in Paris and one girl's determination to help a stranger get her life back on track. It's storyline leaves you with hope....that there are still remarkable people around us and the hope that friendships of differences bloom everyday.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No And Me.

07/07/2010 page 71