Chrissy's Reviews > The Bride Collector

The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker

Jul 07, 10

Brad Raines along with his partner Nikki Holden are after a serial killer who has killed several women already. Brad believes there will be 7 women killed altogether. The killer is on the lose and looking for yet another victim so the race is on to find and stop these horrible murders.

Brad is out of options and the killer is still out there. Believing that the serial killer is or could of been from an institution for exceptionally smart but disturbed he turns to the Center for Wellbeing and Intelligence. Can this group of misfits help solve this case or is it just a waste of time.

I enjoyed this audiobook from the first CD to the very last CD. It defiantly had some unexpected twists and turns and kept me on every word. I have never read or listened to anything written by this author but after The Bride Collector I will defiantly check out his other work and the reader John Glover does a fantastic job while reading.

This book is on my keep and share list. I believe it is well worth the price whether it be hardcover, paperback, Kindle, ebook or even Audiobook, which ever you prefer your books it is a must get and add to your collection.

* I have been provided a complimentary copy of the audiobook The Bride Collector for review from Hachette Audiobooks I have also been allowed giveaway copies. By receiving a complimentary copy and/or giveaway copies it in no way obligates me to write a good or bad review. I am an honest reviewer and my reviews are based on my own opinion and only written by me.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bride Collector.

message 1: by Karen (last edited Sep 30, 2010 11:07PM) (new) - added it

Karen Kumpf I agree about the narrator! He really did a good job with his change of tone to make situations scary and make the killer creepy.

I also really loved what he did with the other characters at CWI. Rowdy (I do say, I should have received all of the files long ago!), Andrea (Sorry, sorry...) and Casanova (Do you need any help with your love life, Mr. Raines, because I could certainly give you some advice) were all wonderful and at times brought a lightheartedness to the novel, which contrasted with the serious and scary mood at other times.