Nic's Reviews > Two-Way Street

Aug 29, 10

bookshelves: 2010, realistic-fiction, romance-awww, young-adult
Recommended for: Older Teens and Adults
Read on August 29, 2010 — I own a copy

I really enjoyed Two-Way Street. I needed a book to lighten my spirits after Mockingjay and this was the perfect book for it. It is a great story about first love. It was funny, heartwarming and entertaining.

Two-Way Street is written from both Courtney's and Jordan's points of view. It also switches back and forward from when they first started going out to the current day. I thought at first it might get a little bit confusing but I loved getting to see how they got to the point they were at. The plot is fast moving and the tension and chemistry between the characters sucks you in. I devoured it in one sitting.

I liked Courtney instantly. I found her to be a relatable character. She made me laugh with some of the thoughts she had. The way she analyzed everything also brought back memories for me of being a teenager in love. It took me a little bit of time to warm up to Jordan but he won me over with his protective and caring nature. When he held her hair back and was looking after Courtney when she was sick, that was the moment I saw him as a good guy. I also liked in the flashback we got to watch him fall in love with Courtney.

Overall this book was a sweet and fun read and I can't wait to read more from Lauren Barnholdt.

Random thought: The cover I like it but it doesn't match the story. In the story they have a truck and Jordan is meant to have dark hair. At first when I started to reading it I kept seeing a convertible in my head :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two-Way Street.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

~Tina~ Great review! I love this book, I don't know why exactly, it's just a lot of fun to read about!

Arlene Awesome review. Nic, I remember that scene when Jordon took care of Courtney when she was sick. It was an awwww moment. Fun book!

message 3: by Nic (last edited Aug 29, 2010 02:33PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Thanks. Can't wait to start One Night that Changed Everything :)

message 4: by Carmen (new) - added it

Carmen How funny I chose to read this book after Mockingjay as well haha.