Heather's Reviews > Imaginary Jesus

Imaginary Jesus by Matt Mikalatos

Jul 06, 10

Read in June, 2010

I have to say that this book was so much fun. It’s one of those books that while it’s funny and fast read, it’s actually deep when you think about it. I got about 3/4 of the way through it and had a wow moment. During Matt’s struggle to find the real Jesus, he has invented all of these imaginary Jesuses. These Jesuses do what he wants them to do, say what he wants them to say, but when it comes right down to it, are they the real deal. I got through this book in just a couple of hours, but it was a blast to read. I laughed out loud a few times.

When Matt was wondering about Mormon Jesus, he had a lot of the same questions I did. (No Mormon bashing from me. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m one of those people that while I am strong in my own faith, I am always curious about other faiths, why people believe what they do, exactly what they believe, what are the tenets of their faith. It’s just me.)

This is one that I am going to pass down to Jordan. It is definitely something that he could read and understand also, one that I think would be great for preteens/teens/adults who struggle with the “why doesn’t God talk to me” question.

I honestly don’t think I’ve read a book that was funny and had a deeper meaning like this! Kudos to Matt Mikalatos for combining the two!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Imaginary Jesus.