Felicia's Reviews > Spider's Bite

Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep

Jul 06, 10

bookshelves: urban-paranormal, vaginal-urban-fantasy
Read in July, 2010

Welllll, there were some cool things here. I enjoyed the main character enough to go along with the ride, but honestly I didn't really get the love interest guy at all, he didn't really PROVE he was hot and bothered, the writer just kept TELLING me he was, so I didn't really care what happened between them. There were a few leaps in the plot I found a bit disbelieving as well, and I felt the magic of the world, the whole elemental aspect, is SUPER interesting but wasn't exploited enough to feel satisfied at the end.

BUT I did like the main characters balls-out attitude and I will pick up the second in the series to see where she goes with the world, because I think some really cool stuff could be done with the elemental magic stuff. Maybe a new hunky guy is in order though. Cross fingers ;)
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spider's Bite.

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ I did really like the world in this one, but I agree that the "love" interest just felt thrown in for good measure. It was sort of strange to have Mr. I-Know-You-Killed-My-Partner get all turned on in the closet, then come out still wanting to kill her.

Elizabeth I thought the second book in the series was *much* better than the first. You'll probably like it more :-)

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ Happy to hear that, because I really like the idea of elementals. At the time I read it, I was looking for something fresh in the UF genre. That part of the world was very cool, and I wanted to see more. I also like the characters.

The romance was the part that fell flat.

Felicia I just got the second book and look forward to checking it out.