Mahyar's Reviews > Assassin's Honor

Assassin's Honor by Monica Burns

Jul 10, 10

bookshelves: hottest-covers, 2010, paranormal-romance
Read from July 08 to 10, 2010

Emma was the most annoying heroine ever. Not only was she whiny and bitchy, but also exasperatingly stubborn. She got angry easily and pretty much ruined every good scene in this book. I loved Ares, though. In fact, I wouldn’t have enjoyed and given it four stars if Ares hadn’t been so deliciously hot. Oh, sweet and caring too which made him all the more endearing. Ares also made me wanna learn Italian. Awesome language, isn't it? I loved it when he used Italian/Latin words, specially during love scenes...yummy.

Anyway, can't wait for Lysander and Phaedra's book, Assassin's Heart:
Assassin's Heart (Order of the Sicari, #2) by Monica Burns

Whoa! I LOVE the covers of this series.

13 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Assassin's Honor.

07/08/2010 page 40
12.0% "OK so far...kinda complicated." 8 comments
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Vered (new) - added it

Vered Good. I have it my TBR. Should I push it up?

message 2: by Mahyar (last edited Jul 10, 2010 01:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mahyar Vered wrote: "Good. I have it my TBR. Should I push it up?"

If you think you're capable of enduring an annoying heroine, sure why not?

message 3: by Vered (new) - added it

Vered Not really into annoying heroine actually :) Too many of them around...

Bookwatcher Hi, great review ... humm... I'll think about this book... I was so decided to buy it but now I have to think. I hate bitchy heroine (by the way, great choice of adjective!)... but I'm curious about the hero! Well, I'll think hard about this book.

ps: double whoa! Yeah! Great covers!

message 5: by Mahyar (last edited Jul 10, 2010 01:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mahyar Bookwatcher wrote: "Hi, great review ... humm... I'll think about this book... I was so decided to buy it but now I have to think. I hate bitchy heroine (by the way, great choice of adjective!)... but I'm curious abo..."

LOL thanks, is "exasperatingly stubborn" even correct? I couldn't find a better word to describe her.

message 6: by Bookwatcher (last edited Jul 10, 2010 02:00PM) (new) - added it

Bookwatcher no no, bitchy is perfect! Give me the right idea of this heroine. I called a heroine "bitch" long time ago... hahahaha true... not delicate as you are, I was so mad reading that specific book that call the heroine a bitch on my review ( Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison <---her) and never go on with the serie.

So this is why I'll think hard... I was curious about this book, but if you are adverting that the heroine is annoying I'm concerned. I would hate read a book like the one I mentioned before.

message 7: by Mahyar (last edited Jul 10, 2010 02:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mahyar LOL The next installment won't have the same heroine, and she'd stopped being annoying by the end of the book, so I think you'll like it. And I think Ares is good enough to keep you interested. ;)

message 8: by Bookwatcher (last edited Jul 10, 2010 02:10PM) (new) - added it

Bookwatcher Mahyar wrote: "LOL The next installment won't have the same heroine, and she'd stopped being annoying by the end of the book, so I think you'll like it. And I think Ares is good enough to keep you interested. ;)"

ok! Thanks... so I'll read it! I'll endure the torture of a bitchy heroine (love soooooo much this adjective!) for the sake of this great (and hopeful hot) hero.

message 9: by Mahyar (last edited Jul 10, 2010 02:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mahyar Bookwatcher wrote: "Mahyar wrote: "LOL The next installment won't have the same heroine, and she'd stopped being annoying by the end of the book, so I think you'll like it. And I think Ares is good enough to keep you ..."

Don't complain to me if you didn't like it, I'm suck at recommending books.

Bookwatcher Mahyar wrote: "Don't complain to me if you didn't like it, I'm suck at recommending books. "

Ok, I promise that I'll not be bitchy if it's sucks (ok, definitively loved you review... can I vote again? For the use of this word you deserve 10 stars!)

LethalLovely~You Knew Who I Was With Every Step That I Ran to You Great review, Mahyar! I'm not too happy about the heroine being annoying & bitchy as hell, even if she does get better towards the END. Hmmm. I think I'll just put it on my PBS wishlist for now. Thanks for sharing!

message 12: by Mahyar (last edited Jul 10, 2010 02:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mahyar Bookwatcher wrote: "Mahyar wrote: "Don't complain to me if you didn't like it, I'm suck at recommending books. "

LOL! Everyone uses it, I learned it from Britney forums.(Yes, sadly, I've been posting on Britney forums for years.)

Mahyar ♠LethalLovely~HBBIC♠ wrote: "Great review, Mahyar! I'm not too happy about the heroine being annoying & bitchy as hell, even if she does get better towards the END. Hmmm. I think I'll just put it on my PBS wishlist for now. Th..."

Thank you! I can't wait to read your review, I have a feeling that you'll terrorize the heroine worse than I did.

LethalLovely~You Knew Who I Was With Every Step That I Ran to You ROFL! I seem to be getting a reputation for being a hardass when it comes to books/characters I dislike. Hahahaha.

Mahyar LOL^ Well, you are a hardass.