Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}'s Reviews > Venom

Venom by Jennifer Estep

"What are you thinking about?" he [Finn] asked. "Nothing much. I‘m just wondering how exactly I went from being the Spider to the Robin fucking Hood of the greater Ashland area. Three months ago, I was killing people for money. Lots of money. Buckets of it. Now, tell me a good sob story instead and I‘ll take care of all your problems for free. Instead of stealing from the rich, I‘m stabbing them to death for the poor."

LMAO! The best book so far. The plot progresses nicely with the arrival of Detective Bria Coolidge, Gin's long lost sister who replaces Donovan after he left in Web of Lies. With her arrival, Mab is alerted to her survival after her attack on their family all those years ago. Mab will do everything she can to get rid of Bria and so Gin takes drastic action to distract her enough to forget her and focus on the Spider. Goodbye retirement.

I was quite impressed with how good this third book was. I love Bria and Owen. They both surprised Gin in being tougher than she expected after her negative experiences with Donovan as an uncorrupted cop and as a lover. I'm looking forward to the new war on Mab and dealing with her hired assassins in Tangled Threads but the thing I'm most looking forward to is the moment Gin reveals all to her baby sister and how she'll deal with it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Venom.

10/03/2010 ""What are you thinking about?" he asked. "Nothing much. I‘m just wondering how exactly I went from being the Spider to the Robin fucking Hood of the greater Ashland area. Three months ago, I was killing people for money. Lots of money. Buckets of it. Now, tell me a good sob story instead and I‘ll take care of all your problems for free. Instead of stealing from the rich, I‘m stabbing them to death for the poor."