Keri's Reviews > Unforgivable

Jul 06, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: reviewed, romance-contemporary, romance-suspense, 2010s-read
Read in January, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Laura Griffin is an up and coming talent and I am going to keep my eye on her. Being a Texas author does help of course. ;-)
We met Ric and Mia back in Unspeakable as a couple with potential, when he came to her to get her to fast-track some evidence. She works as a private trace evidence firm in Austin called The Delphi. Fast forward 4 months later and after Ric dropped Mia like a hot rock with no explanation, he shows up again, asking her to fast-track another case. It is no wonder she feels used.

But when really bad things started to happening to Mia she was sorta glad he was around, but for how long. This is some points that I got irritated about. He kept telling Mia he wasn’t interest in a relationship and she agrees with it. But he never talks about himself…nothing. It was hard to get into his head. He had a cheating ex-wife and a bad divorce. He never tells Mia this….never. She finds out from other people what some of his problems are. Even 3/4s of the way through the book, he told his daughter that Mia didn’t mean anything to him, after a weekend of hawt sex. But yet, 10 pages later he was telling Mia that if anything happened to her, it would chop him off at the knees. Really??? I didn’t get that feeling.

Mia herself did things like when a picture came in of her nephew, here we have this smart woman and she never questions what she is seeing or hearing, it just didn’t ring true. The ending was too abrupt with no communication on Ric’s part and the bad guys one dimensional, or at least the actual killer was. I am not saying this was a bad book, I was interested enough to read it in a matter of hours. There were just some weaknesses that at times pulled me out of the story.

I am looking forward to Sophie's story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unforgivable.

01/03 page 75
21.0% "I couldn't resist starting this."
03/29 marked as: read