Melissa Bennett's Reviews > Sacred Scars

Sacred Scars by Kathleen Duey

Jul 26, 10

Read from July 06 to 26, 2010

At first I wasn't sure if I would like this book. I was looking forward to it after reading the first in this series but as it started out it seemed a lot like the first one. I didn't want to read a book that had pretty much the same things happening in it as the first. I felt compelled to stick to it though. I just had to find out where these books were going. I'm so glad I did. The course changed and when it did I couldn't put it down.
In this book Sadima, Franklin & Somiss are living in a cave with vast tunnels and rooms. There Somiss has street boys locked in a cage. Sadima can't stand to see the boys caged up and treated poorly. A plan for escape consumes her. Hahp continues his wizard training with the training becoming more complex and it's having a toll on their minds and bodies. The thought of overtaking the magicians and the school become more urgent.
As with the first book it ends with you very curious as to how their stories will end. I can't wait until the 3rd book. This is a dark fantasy and can be pretty bleak. It also has some disturbing parts in it that some might have a problem with. If you liked the first, then I'm sure you'll like this one. If you haven't read the first book you definitely need to.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sacred Scars.