Laurie Garrison 's Reviews > Till Dawn with the Devil

Till Dawn with the Devil by Alexandra Hawkins

Aug 24, 10

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read from August 14 to 15, 2010

I really enjoyed this book, but then again I love a good scandal with a devilish hot wicked man, so this one hit the spot. This book gave me a mystery, emotions, excitement and lots of suspires. I just really wish I would have read the first novel, because the first part was a little confusing, then I caught on and I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough.

Some spoilers
What I loved most about this book was as I kept reading, I really found Reign and Sophie was really made to be together. Sophie has a small problem she was hit in the head when she was a child and lost some of her eye site and had to use a walker to get around. She is staying with her brother Stephen in London and goes to a dance, she meets Reign there. She knows the gossip about his late dead wife and doesn’t believe them, but her bother does. When Reign is found alone with her Stephen goes nuts and tells her never to see Reign again. Ya right, like that’s going to happen, as you know she does see Reign again and things goes well until, her so called brother gives Sophie away in a card game for marriage to another man. Well you’ll have to read to find out how Reign and his devilish ways comes to save the day for Sophie. Let me tell you she needs saving the way her bother treats her grrr!

The book does drag a bit, but was well worth the read for me, so much so I will be reading the first and book three now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Till Dawn with the Devil.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurie (last edited Aug 16, 2010 08:51AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laurie Garrison Zosia, Thanks! The cover is great! I hope you like it when you get it.

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine You're right, that is a pretty cover.

I'm lured by the cover, but I'm afraid to try this series again. I hated the first one.

message 3: by Cynthia (new) - added it

Cynthia (aka Artemis) I think this one is on my shelf, somewhere.