Melinda's Reviews > Distant Echoes

Distant Echoes by Colleen Coble

Jul 10, 10

bookshelves: series
Read from July 05 to 09, 2010

I really enjoyed this book. Her writing style keeps the book moving. She gave a sense of the culture and atmosphere without slowing the action down for a lot of description. I really enjoyed the presence of the dolphins and their help in the solution. The romance development did not overwhelm the rest of the story and was believable. I also enjoyed the presence of faith without an obligatory conversion or overwhelming preachiness.

However, I am not sure the couple should have been ready to get married by the end of the book. They had just discovered their feelings and needed some serious courting outside of the dramatic situation. This is the first book of a trilogy, so she could have given the romance a little more time to develop.

I also think the story was a little too busy. She put in too many problems to solve, which didn't allow them all to get enough story time. This made spots feel a bit contrived. Especially at the end, where Kaia's forgiveness was forced to happen and Jesse's resolution really did not get story time.

Again, I want to say, even with the minor issues, this was a very good book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Distant Echoes.

07/06/2010 page 106