Aimie's Reviews > The Sky Is Everywhere

The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

Jul 05, 2010

bookshelves: i-highly-recommend, young-adult
Read from July 05 to 08, 2010 — I own a copy

I'm currently only halfway through this book, but it is so unique. I am really enjoying it. I saw it in the shop and thought it looked quirky as it has notes and conversations written on scraps of paper and takeaway coffee cups. Its brilliant it kpt me reading on a late night 3hr flight. When i thought i would just sleep through the flight once we got up in the air.

Now I have finished this book I am so happy I picked it up even though it had nothing to do with vampires or werewolves, which is my usual type of book.
I love this book, I cried and laughed and fell in love along with Lennie. Such a heart warming book. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sky Is Everywhere.

Quotes Aimie Liked

Jandy Nelson
“Remember how it was when we kissed? Armfuls and armfuls of light thrown right at us. A rope dropping down from the sky. How can the word love and the word life even fit in the mouth?”

Jandy Nelson
“I wish my shadow would get up and walk beside me.”

Jandy Nelson
“He murmers into my hair, "Forget what I said earlier, let's stick with this, I might not survive anything more." I laugh. Then he jumps up, finds my wrists, and pins them over my head. "Yeah, right. Totally joking, I want to do everything with you, whenever you're ready, I'm the one, promise?" He's above me, batting and grinning like a total hooplehead.
"I promise," I say.
"Good. Glad that's decided." He raises an eyebrow. "I'm going to deflower you, John Lennon.”

Jandy Nelson
“There once was a girl who found herself dead.
She peered over the ledge of heaven
and saw that back on earth
her sister missed her too much,
was way too sad,
so she crossed some paths
that would not have crossed,
took some moments in her hand
shook them up
and spilled them like dice
over the living world.
It worked.
The boy with the guitar collided
with her sister.
"There you go, Len," she whispered. "The rest is up to you.”

Jandy Nelson
“My sister will die over and over again for the rest of my life. Grief is forever. It doesn't go away; it becomes a part of you, step for step, breath for breath. I will never stop grieving Bailey because I will never stop loving her. That's just how it is. Grief and love are conjoined, you don't get one without the other. All I can do is love her, and love the world, emulate her by living with daring and spirit and joy.”

Jandy Nelson
“That's a misconception, Lennie. The sky is everywhere, it begins at your feet.”

Jandy Nelson
“Oh, God,’ he whispers, reaching his hand behind my neck and bringing my lips to his. ‘Let’s let the whole fucking world explode this time.’
And we do.”

“grief is a house
where the chairs
have forgotten how to hold us
the mirrors how to reflect us
the walls how to contain us

grief is a house that disappears
each time someone knocks at the door
or rings the bell
a house that blows into the air
at the slightest gust
that buries itself deep in the ground
while everyone is sleeping

grief is a house where no one can protect you
where the younger sister
will grow older than the older one
where the doors