Erin's Reviews > Secrets of Greymoor

Secrets of Greymoor by Clara Gillow Clark

Jul 05, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: historical, mystery, girl-main-character, tween, series
Read in January, 2009

It was pretty clear I had started in the middle. This is actually the third book about Hattie, but despite missing the first two, this one was charming and I didn't feel too lost. Hattie is a hills girl, a backcountry nobody who is living with her wealthy society grandmother in the late 19th century. In this book, Hattie's grandmother is crumbling under a financial burden and Hattie tries to find ways to get her grandmother out of trouble. The cast of characters is charming, and Hattie herself is a girl after my own heart. She tries to impress her classmates, with the best intentions, but only succeeds in alienating herself more. She is loyal to her family and a spunky little girl.
Those who enjoy a bit of history with a twist of mystery might like this story. Those who are trying to discuss class issues might also be able to make use of this book. I'm not sure what the rest of the series is like, but I plan on finding out!
Nothing obviously objectionable.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets of Greymoor.