TJ's Reviews > Kept

Kept by Zoe Winters

Sep 08, 10

bookshelves: paranormal

Eeh... Not terrible, just a rather generic storyline that's kind of boring. Part of that may be due to me not really getting into a shifter who turns into a cat (no, not the wild kind - the house kind).

This book did show me the importance of having some background information. While I hate info. dumps, I now realize a little background is needed in order to enjoy the story. This book has absolutely NONE. There is no explanation at all for why or how Greta is a cat sometimes, why she has super strength when she is human only or what super strength she has. Neither does it tell us anything her adopted Mother, who supposedly had a thing with both her father and Daymon, the sorcerer. It doesn't even explain Daymon, how did he become one, what makes him one, what powers does he actually have, the list could go on all night because there are no answers to ANY questions the reader naturally has. Good lesson to learn, at least it was a short book to learn it on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kept.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant Oooh, Tam -- blech. A house cat?????? Shades of Sookie Stackhouse!

Too bad -- it has a nice cover :)

message 2: by TJ (new) - rated it 2 stars

TJ This came as a trilogy, I still have two to go. Thankfully the next one is about the vampire, not the cat!