Shannon C.'s Reviews > Intimate Danger

Intimate Danger by Amy J. Fetzer

Jul 05, 10

bookshelves: action-adventure, suspense-mystery

4 stars: high action romantic suspense

A computer expert, Clancy McRae works for the US Government on a highly classified nano technology project. Lab testing is being done in primates. To her shock and disgust, her boss and a co-worker go behind her back to give human soldiers the implants--even though she has told them the implants are not ready for human use. She tracks the location of the soldiers on their latest mission, and heads there to try to save them. Meanwhile, Mike Gannon is sent on a mission to find his team. Sparks fly when they cross paths. Drug cartels, corrupt police, covert operatives, high ranking military--they all play into the high octane plot that's full of twists and turns.

Overall this was an entertaining mix of action, mystery, suspense and romance. I liked the main characters. Mike is your typical tough alpha male special ops character. Clancy was a smart, fiesty character--I liked that she wasn't one of those wimpering 'save me, save me' type girls. Also there's a surprise revealed about her family that was pretty cool. I liked the romance between Clancy and Mike, but I would have liked a bit more focus on the romantic relationship.

Where I knock back a point is that the story became kind of hard to follow at some points. Also it was unrealistic that Clancy would go into a third world country on her own against drug cartels and terroists and succeed. I thought it was suspect that Mike would do the same, but at least in his case he had been there before and had local contacts. But all in all, it was a fast paced, entertaining read.

If you enjoy romantic suspense, you'll probably enjoy this book. If you are looking for more books like this, here are some other romantic suspense/mysteries I enjoyed:
I Team by Pamela Clare
Kiss and Tell by Cherry Adair
Steele Street series by Tara Janzen
Troubleshooters by Suzanne Brockman
In Death by JD Robb
No Regrets by Shannon Butcher
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intimate Danger.