Anja's Reviews > Store forventninger

Store forventninger by Charles Dickens

2010:
It is one of those books which I didn't really feel that I could get under its skin, but I am not sure if it is the books fault, or if it is the circumstances. I kept getting interrupted all the timer and it is a long book, which needs you to read every little sentence to fully get the story.

What I liked was that Dickens let Pip, the main character, have a lot of flaws. This is something that easily annoys me, but it worked for me in Great Expectations. And I just loved Miss Havisham. She was just so messed up in every way. Her story tells us what the worst case scenario can be if we really let us selves dive deep into our sorrows and self pity. I am also in a mood were I don’t need a lot of happy ending. It is okay to read about things that go wrong. Sometimes this would feel wrong, because my reading is very much affected by my emotions and current state of mind. And right now, Great Expectations was the right book for me.

2012:
I finally got around to read this book again, and this time I really loved the language! It was such a different experience, and I might even read it once more in a couple of years, so that I can enjoy and experience even more of the story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Store forventninger.

01/11/2012 "I wonder how it will feel to start reading this book again..."
01/16/2012
71.0% "I love Dickens much more when I read this book for the second time!"