Jesi's Reviews > Un Lun Dun

Un Lun Dun by China Miéville

A combination of several GREAT books, this story nonetheless had a unique voice of its own. Creativity spills out of its pages (at time, I thought excessively and needlessly so) while still being very easy to follow. Kind of the perfect book to introduce the concept of "fighting the good fight, simply because it's right" to young adults.

The only problems that I had with it was that some of the things Mieville put in the book seemed to be there for no other reason than to make his audience wonder at his creativity, and the plot was very predictable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Un Lun Dun.

07/31/2010 page 50
12.0% "Okay, so far? This is extreme love. To the point where I want to suggest it to all of my friends, and, if they didn't go out and buy it, offer to buy it as presents for them."
07/31/2010 page 128
30.0% "Hold the phone! If the Klinneract was destroyed in LONDON, shouldn't it have been moil'ed (or whatever) into UnLondon? So... wouldn't it make sense that they'd need to find it and use it in the battle??"
07/31/2010 page 180
42.0% "...I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he'd already figured out that loophole. So much for that."
08/05/2010 page 389
90.0% "Sometimes, I think that Mieville throws some of the creatures he's put into the book in there simply so people will admire his imagination."
show 1 hidden update…