Carrie's Reviews > Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler

Jul 08, 10

bookshelves: autobiography-biography-memoir, humor
Read on July 05, 2010

I really wasn't as impressed with this book as I expected to be. Actually, the most impressive thing to me about this book was that I finished it in just a few hours.

I actually SKIPPED PAGES while I was reading this because I was so supremely bored. That's something I haven't done since reading The Odyssey in high school.

I've never seen Chelsea's stand up show, and I always hear about how funny she is. Well, I don't see it. Mostly this entire book was about her ripping on her family. And not in the nice, normal way that we all pick on our families. This stuff was mean-spirited. I just don't find it that funny to be cruel. And when she wasn't being cruel, she was just plain boring. I didn't see one redeeming quality to like about Ms. Handler. I won't be watching her television show or reading any of her other books any time soon, because frankly, girls who are not funny but THINK that they're hilarious, really really piss me off.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang.

07/05/2010 page 189