Dorri's Reviews > Crossroads

1916877
Jul 07, 2010

bookshelves: smut
Read on July 04, 2010 — I own a copy

I'm just wondering how wrong it is that I read this book in one three hour sitting? I really enjoy the easy way the writing reads. Fluid and well paced, the book draws you happily towards the end, to the detriment of other things in your life like getting out of bed or breakfast. Silly little things like work and life just get swept to the side!

This book focus' on characters we met in Crux. Only this time it's Derek and Nicole, aka Nick, in the hot seat. Both in a tug of war with the want and the shouldn't have, until they both realise exactly what the other wants. Then it's no holds bar passion. But even passion must be put to the side when Nick's twin sister, Michelle, finds herself with a death warrent hanging over her lovers head and possibly her own. Running to the only safety she knows, Michelle turns to Nick to help her survive.

In this book we delve deeper into the werewolf politics only hinted at in book one. It's interesting to me to see the balance between male and female the the writers give us. Derek wants to protect Nick, but knows she must do what needs to be done. Nick wants to be able to do it herself, but relents and asks for help when she needs it.

I'm looking forward to more books in the Southern Arcana series. Maybe we'll even get more on Kat and Andrew (hopefully together), and a bit more of Alec please. Love the sarcasm. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossroads.