Sebina~☆~ClassicMaiden's Reviews > Batwoman: Elegy

Batwoman by Greg Rucka

Jul 05, 10

bookshelves: _comics_graphic-novels, _comics_batman-universe, _comics_dc-vertigo, _comics_sequential-art
Recommended to Sebina~☆~ClassicMaiden by: No one, since I collect Detective Comics in which this first appeared.
Recommended for: To anyone who loves reading great comics
Read on July 05, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 2

I first read Greg Rucka's stint on Batwoman in the Detective Comics #854-860, and I was truly excited to get it collected in this graphic novel. Because, like everyone else, I was truly impressed by the sheer originality and versatility in the art by J.H. Williams III, together with the beautiful coloring by Dave Stewart. Furthermore, I became in love with the thought-provoking take on the Batwoman character as written by Greg Rucka (hands down!). His storytelling is so rich with detail and humanity that, in turn, makes Batwoman so utterly likable and relatable due to her personality. In making the Batwoman lesbian (and giving her that cool and retro-rockabilly look as well), he truly scored with the realism which can be a rarity in superhero comics. In truth, Rucka understands female characters and I look so much forward to seeing more female creations from him. However, like everyone else, I was quite saddened when I heard that he would not continue on the Batwoman title, but would do creator-owned work. Something I can understand and support.

If you want to read one of the essential and most brilliant comic books to come out this year, then this is a must read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Batwoman.