Himesugar's Reviews > Blood & Flowers

Blood & Flowers by Penny Blubaugh

Jul 18, 11

Taken from http://nikorachan.blogspot.com

I really wanted to like this book, i thought it would be brilliant. We meet Persia, a girl who lives with the Outlaws, a theater troupe. They are trying to make themselves known while avoiding the unwanted attention of Major, a man who has a grudge and is giving them a bad name. In this world faerie isn't a secret, however it is frowned upon. Dust and coloured drinks come from Faerie and they have allowed the tasters to become addicts. The Outlaws have a Faerie member called Floss, who has chosen not to live in Faerie because of her parents. When things get bad with Major, Floss takes them to Faerie.
There was no plot to me, it was all quite baseless and the characters were basic, not built enough. One of the characters, Lucia, really irritated me, she seemed so childish and whiney. There was a romance between the main character and Nicholas, which was hardly a romance. There was no plot for that either. No building of the feelings or relationship, It didn't feel realistic. There was no need for them to go to Faerie, the threat of Major didn't force them there and when they got there, although the main character hadn't been before, the descriptions were so basic. She had entered another world and yet nothing really seemed to shock her. Really, there was no magic in this book. A Faerie book should be overflowing with fantasy and magic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood & Flowers.