Sue's Reviews > The Graveyard Book

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

3642045
Aug 09, 2011

bookshelves: ya-children, fantasy, paranormal-or-ghost-stories, read-in-2011
Recommended for: Y.A. and fantasy lovers
Read from July 26 to August 09, 2011

Wonderful fantasy for all but the youngest children. Recommended for adults who want to simply enjoy themselves. There are a wonderful graveyard, ghosts, an orphan boy, evil searchers and a well written story. What more could anyone want.
7 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Graveyard Book.

08/08 page 144
02/21 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-11)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 11: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely Really? This is good?
Two of my friends read this early this year and one of them said that this is the re-telling of "Alice in the Wonderland." True?

message 10: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue would you believe I've never read "Alice"? So I guess I can't really answer that. I don't think it's quite the same from what I know of Alice though but the boy does live in an alternative worl but this world is right there in the real one (like Harry Potter's.)

message 9: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely Ah, okay. Fair enough.

message 8: by Rosie (new)

Rosie Sue, have you read his "Neverwhere"? I saw it at the closing Borders yesterday and it sounded really interesting/different? What do you think?

message 7: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue It's one I definitely plan to read. I tried to download the book to my iPod once but it came out all out of order so I had to delete it. I've heard it's great to listen to. Gaiman narrates for himself.

message 6: by Rosie (new)

Rosie Ooh, that sounds like a good idea! I'll have to see if the library has it! Thanks!

Rosie

message 5: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Apparently he narrates a lot of his books and I've seen good comments about them. I still haven't listened to an audiobook. Neverwhere was going to be my first one. Might give it another try at some point.

Susan Sue....so pleased you enjoyed this, I read it last month and enjoyed it.

It's a very long time since I read Alice in Wonderland, but I honestly cannot see any similarities in the two books.
Perhaps if I read it again I would think differently.

message 3: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Susan ... I sort of thought not, but since I haven't read it I didn't want to say for sure.

It was a really nice read. I'll be reading more Gaiman and I'm recommending him to others.

message 2: by Rosie (new)

Rosie Started audio Neverwhere, very interesting book. His reading is superb!

message 1: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue I will have to check that out. Glad you're enjoying it.