Janet's Reviews > Ecotourists Save the World: The Environmental Volunteer's Guide to More Than 300 International Adventures to Conserve, Preserve, and Rehabilitate Wildlife and Habitats

Ecotourists Save the World by Pamela K. Brodowsky

219670
Jul 04, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: skimmers
Read on July 04, 2010

I picked this up at the library's browsing shelf downstairs, and it immediately appealed to me. I've long since been interested in ecotourism and feel less and less comfortable visiting touristy spots of other countries without paying attention to the real people and animals that call that place their home. This book presents readers with a long list of places to volunteer around the world. Many projects require no payment (you barter volunteer hours for room and board, in many cases); others cost as much as $5000 for a few weeks' stay. I'd highly recommend finding "graduates" of these programs before blindly signing up, though--you really want to get a good idea of what you're committing to before you fly across the world! This book gave me and my beau lots of cool ideas about our next trip, whenever that is!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ecotourists Save the World.

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina My good friends did something similar in Peru last year. Worked their fannies off but stayed with a local family so learned different games, cooking styles, foods & so much about the culture. AND, none of them spoke the same language - at all! I plan to go next year with them. Sounds like a great book!

Janet It gave me lots of ideas. The library has it on its browsing shelf if you'd like to look at it for yourself, adventurous kitty!