Ronyell's Reviews > Danny and the Dinosaur

Danny and the Dinosaur by Syd Hoff

Jul 04, 10

bookshelves: animal-books, summer-100-book-challenge-2010, weston-woods, goodreads-group-reads, read-in-2010
Recommended to Ronyell by: The Picture-Book Club
Read in July, 2010

"Danny and the Dinosaur" is a New York Times Outstanding Book of the Year Award by Syd Hoff and it is about how a young boy named Danny starts playing with a friendly dinosaur who has come to life when in a museum that Danny goes to. "Danny and the Dinosaur" is a true masterpiece for many children who love books about dinosaurs!

Syd Hoff has done an outstanding job at both illustrating and writing this book. Syd Hoff's illustrations are both creative and cute at the same time as the dinosaur that Danny encounters looks extremely friendly and the dinosaur's body would usually take up the pages that he is on and Danny himself is an extremely cute and friendly looking child as he always has a smile on his face when he is around the dinosaur. Also, what made Syd Hoff's illustrations truly creative is that there would be a set of two pages that are mainly in brown, black and white and then the next set of two pages would be in all kinds of color, which is a similar format that Madeline's Rescue had. Syd Hoff makes this story extremely cute and heartwarming at the same time as Danny learns about the true meaning of friendship when he spends much of his day with the dinosaur and enjoys his time spent with the dinosaur. Syd Hoff also made this book highly creative as this was one of the few children's books that I have read where a human child talks to a dinosaur like a human being and Syd Hoff has made the interaction between the dinosaur and Danny so heartwarming as Danny and the Dinosaur act like true best friends.

"Danny and the Dinosaur" is truly one of the greatest books about dinosaurs ever created and it would be a huge hit for children who love dinosaurs and learning the true meaning of friendship. I would recommend this book to children ages three and up since there is nothing inappropriate in this book and the writing format of this book is extremely simple for three year olds and up to read.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Danny and the Dinosaur.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Crystal Marcos I hope to get this and the other dinosaur books before to long. Thanks for the review it got me in the dino mood.=)

Ronyell You're welcome Crystal! I'm trying to read all the other dino books also! I can't wait to read more of the dino books we are reading for this month!