Robert's Reviews > The Slippery Slope

The Slippery Slope by Lemony Snicket

May 14, 13

bookshelves: a-series-of-unfortunate-events, series, fiction, orphans, brothers, sisters, own, 6-8, kindle, public-library
Read from May 13 to 14, 2013 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Hmmm . . .

While the story had been getting good leading into this book, the reader met a lot of McGiver-like events here. Using forks to climb a frozen waterfall, for instance. It seems as the story is more complicated than I thought. We have bosses to Olaf, and a far bigger scheme that involves burning down homes of all the V.F.D., which does seem to stand for volunteer fire department as I thought several books ago. The Baudelaires are not the only ones with a fortune to be captured. And that leads to me wondering why their file is so valuable. If everyone's home is burned and those who are left are recruited to villainous ways, then why care so much about the Baudelaires.

We met Quigley Quadmire, the thought to be dead triplet of the triplets met at the prep school. He's alive. Yeah. But he floated away down the other river. The schism at V.F.D. is both physical and metaphysical.

Everyone is off to the Hotel Denouement at this point.

I think too much was heaped onto the reader here and that the plot is too entwined. Simpler would be better. Perhaps it is all easily explained. We shall see. Off to Book #11.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Slippery Slope.

05/14/2013 marked as: read