Kechelle's Reviews > Voice Of The Blood

Voice Of The Blood by Jemiah Jefferson

Oct 13, 10

bookshelves: paranormal, read-and-reviewed
Read from October 02 to 07, 2010

Born in Denver Colorado, Jemiah Jefferson is a horror writer and editor for Dark horse comics.

The voice of blood is one in a series of books that centre around her characters, Orfeo Ricari and Daniel.

Things aren’t going to well for Arianne, she’s been fighting with her fiancé and it’s that time of the month when her period is due. Through a chain of disturbing events she meets Orfeo Ricari and learns that he is a vampire. The pair begin a bizarre friendship and slowly she is drawn into the dark world of vampires.

Not a fan of this book. I admit I enjoy gore and the occasional sex scene and I don’t mind trashy novels, I just felt this one went too far.

As far as vampires go, same old mould I guess with the exception of these guys being able to walk around of a daytime. I was disappointed because I thought this book would scare me, unfortunately it was creepy but not fright material.

The vampires held the sexuality that is stereotypical in this genre of books, brutally erotic and your general screw fest. I had to laugh part way through the novel when Arianne states that she doesn’t have casual sex often, throughout the course of the book she has four sexual partners.

What I did like was the originality of Orfeo Ricari as a character. I can’t say I’ve read a vampire novel yet with a catholic vampire seldom seen without his rosary.

Well that’s it, I wish I could offer up other comments... A trashy novel that I’m sure vampire fans will enjoy. If you have a low tolerance for vampire fiction I advise you to steer away from this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Voice Of The Blood.

10/03/2010 page 19