Al's Reviews > Propaganda from the desk of

Jul 03, 10

bookshelves: kindle, read-post-kindle-2010
Read on July 03, 2010

Don’t read this book.

At least don’t read it until you’ve read “The Book”, by M. Clifford. Without that foundation this novella can’t be fully appreciated.

You’re back? You’ve read “The Book”? Okay, we’re ready then.

This novella relates the major events from “The Book” through the eyes of Martin Trust who you’ll remember is the Director of Historic Homeland Preservation and Security. Have you heard the joke about the scariest words in the English language being, “I’m from the government and I’m here to help”? Martin Trust is here to help. You see, some of us may have been misinformed – we need help understanding what really happened. Luckily our government is there for us.

Clifford carries forward some of the same themes that ran throughout “The Book.” Issues such as censorship and the importance of the written word are still prominent. But “Propoganda …” also shines the light on other, more specific, and very contemporary issues for those in the U.S. You’ll find thinly veiled swipes at “The Patriot Act” and “The War on Terror.” The rise of the religious right or, if you prefer viewing it another way, the misappropriation of religion for political purposes, is in his sights. The goal of “Propaganda …” appears to be getting us to think and question, regardless of political persuasion. Mission accomplished Mr. Clifford. God bless America.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Propaganda from the desk of.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stormy I'll have to check this one out after I read the book