Bryan's Reviews > Shock Wave

Shock Wave by Clive Cussler

M_50x66
Jul 03, 10

Good Book: Shock Wave is a great book for many reasons. A few are the fact the Clusser makes his characters, settings, and the situations in his books believable. I am really into the fact that a book has to be realistic to please me and I really enjoyed it. Firstly his characters, his characters don't have these seemingly impossible abilities, they are average people that when it comes time to do something they take care of it. Such is the description of the main character, Dirk Pitt who is part of the NUMA underwater research association is described as tall, muscular, and cool. His long time friend and partner Al who adds the comic part to Clusser's novels is always trying to get girl or making a joke about the situation they're in. All the settings in the book are real places which range from the Arctic to the Caribbean islands, another thing I liked about the way the book was written was that the characters don't jump magically from setting to setting either and how they get from place to place is explained so as not to lose the reader. Finally, the situations that Pitt finds himself in are quite believable for a man is his position. He does everything from stop a cruise liner from running ashore to masquerading as an engineer in a diamond mine to find the cause of a deadly sea plague. In conclusion I think that this is a great book to read because of it's realism and how it flows through the story at a reasonably fast pace to keep you hooked.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shock Wave.