Blodeuedd Finland's Reviews > The Fire Lord's Lover

1962503
Jul 06, 10

bookshelves: historical-romance, paranormal-romance, alternate-history
Read from July 03 to 04, 2010

I really enjoyed this book, elves! Lol, do I need to say more. Well, ok I have to.

First there is Dominic, cold and lacking a heart, or at least that he plays at. He is the bastard son to The Fire Lord that rules London. Long ago some Elven Lords grew bored and conquered England. The world turned a blind eye when riches came from their reign and magic. They are cruel creatures that do not care for humans, those could just as well be cattle. Dominic is used by his father as a general and he does everything to try to hide his heart. Until..

..he meets his bride Cassandra. She has been sent to kill The Fire Lord and his bastard son. But she soon finds herself questioning things, and perhaps falling for the col hearted General.

First I have to say that i loved this word, it's this alternate world/history/timeline kind of story. What if there actually were elves before, but then the portals to that world closed? And some came back, and with some offspring here and there nobles now have magic too. Little, but still some. It's a world where England is divided into realms, there is a king, but he is just a prize that the Lords fight over. because they need their games, else they grow bored, and then they are as dangerous as they get. It was an England I would have loved to see, even if the country was ruled by dictators, beautiful dictators.

Dominic, oh he was such an ass, but he had to be. He has learnt that feelings, and friendship is dangerous to those he loves. So he is as cold as his father. Ice-cold to his new bride that melt under his fingers. I knew he was doing it for all the right reasons, but still I ached for her. Cassandra melts by this handsome elf, she feels passion, and slowly something is building up, while I scream, trust each other! She is not some nice little bride either, no, she has a mind of her own, pretty dangerous, but she wants freedom from this wicked rule.

Two people falling in love, one crazy Elven Lord who wants a new champion, some cool magic, jealousy, an England you have not seen before, and a world that has so much more to offer. What is there not to like, and oh yes, passion too.

As for which genre this is, hm, well historical romance fans will love it, paranormal romance fans will too, and those with an eye out for fantasy romance. Quite a win win.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fire Lord's Lover.

Caroline The HEA Lover This sounds really interesting! Your review makes me want to read it. Ok I need this book lol

Blodeuedd Finland Lol, I even liked his dad who was totally insane and saw all humans as animals, I like a good bad guy

Caroline The HEA Lover Sold!!!! ok I just ordered it *hides in shame* I have to stop buying book!

Blodeuedd Finland Wow, that was fast! Yikes, I am the total opposite, I lust after a book for years, then I finally buy it, after having forced myself to spend money on it.

I hope you'll like it. Dominic was one cold-hearted elf, his dad was insane (yay insane elves), and then there was some passion, lol

Caroline The HEA Lover Oh I usually do lust for some times over books, usually lol. But your review did me in! This is a mix of fantasy and Rencency Historical Romance...how can I not love it lol. Now I'm all excited about it *g*
Funny I like this cover better than the one we see on the books sold.

Blodeuedd Finland I so must make a little trip soon to the bookstore and have them order some stuff for me, I still got a gc from my bday ;)

the fantasy was such a cool mix, not just cos I love fantasy, but to have it in a period of time we know so well, and then make some differences.

It's pretty but it's so not Dominic, you'll see ;)

Caroline The HEA Lover Ohhhh ok now I can't wait to read it! *bouncing* I love this period and i'm curious to see the mix with fantasy! And i want to meet Dominic *g*

I would have already chosen a book if i had a gc at hand's reach!!! lol

Blodeuedd Finland Sure Dominic was an ass, but I knew why he was so cold, poor guy, well do tell me what you think later :D

For a booklover, and spend my money pretty carefully...perhaps that is why I always ask people to my me books for bdays and xmas ;)

Rachael yeah the magic was cool esp when dominic made it in a sensual way when they were making out lol

Blodeuedd Finland Soon gonna read book 2 so we will see if that one is just as good too

Rachael cool blo yeah i wanna read book 2 as well wonder how many is in the series ?

i remmeber seeing one as a review and looked pretty good .. was one about one of the sea elf lords ? is that brendens story ??

Blodeuedd Finland I can't remember what Kathryne said but at least three I think. The next one is Lady of the storm. We met the heroine in book 1. And I will read it soon :)

dunno about Brenden getting a story

Rachael dunno about Brenden getting a story"

LOL i went to look must of got my elfs mixed up it was someone else not brenden lol *feels blonde now*

Rachael LOL yeah i went to look at boook 2 but waiting for it to come down in price (damn that always happens book 1 is cheap/ free and the book 2 / 3 is like nearly 10 bucks even on ebook :( )

Blodeuedd Finland Lol. No worries! I did get a bit confused but I thought, well I am so bad with names anyway ;)

And I am sure that one will come down too. And if you are in the US/Canada then I am giving away the print late August :)

Rachael LOL yeah im from new zealand unfortunaely ... otherwise would have loved to of entered ... will keep an eye out on kobobooks.com (ebook reader site) and see if they have one on special soon

Blodeuedd Finland Oh noes :/ Hopefully the price will be lowered after it is published

Rachael LOL yeah for sure ....

or ill keep an eye out for the paperback version lol :)