Charlotte Hutson Wrenn's Reviews > A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose

A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle

Jul 03, 10

Read on January 01, 2010 — I own a copy

This book truly changed my everyday. The concept of ego as separate from our spiritual self took root with his explanation, and also the concept of pain-bodies. This is just a brilliant book that has changed my life; I am able to rise above my mate's large pain-body, in a pure hearted way, without any self righteousness (big). Also, his concept that once someone is exposed to consciousness it will grow, is truly faith building. And I can see it working! He was gifted with a visit from the genius with this one. Riveting and one I am re-reading and taking notes from. To memorize.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A New Earth.

Quotes Charlotte Hutson Liked

Eckhart Tolle
“Living up to an image that you have of yourself or that other people have of you is inauthentic living.”

Eckhart Tolle
“You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are.”
Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth: Awakening To Your Life's Purpose

Eckhart Tolle
“Give up defining yourself - to yourself or to others. You won't die. You will come to life. And don't be concerned with how others define you. When they define you, they are limiting themselves, so it's their problem. Whenever you interact with people, don't be there primarily as a function or a role, but as the field of conscious Presence. You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are.”

Eckhart Tolle
“The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.”

Eckhart Tolle
“Anything that you resent and strongly react to in another is also in you.”

Eckhart Tolle
“Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on.”