ElaineY's Reviews > Blast from the Past

Blast from the Past by Stephani Hecht

Jul 07, 10

bookshelves: mm
Read from July 03 to 04, 2010

3.5 stars, I guess. Not four as it wasn't long enough to develop the relationship and put more meat in the story. BFtP is a quick, angst-free read and just what I needed during my "commercial break" in Special Forces.

I was expecting a little more angst between Bailey and David but instead, their hooking up, some ten years after high school, is relatively smooth. 'Relative' because while there are some fears on Bailey's part that his attraction is not mutual, this gets washed away on their very first date. I expected there to be a couple more dates before they started baring their underbellies but everything was wrapped up in that single date and that's the end. I got an epilogue giving a sweet HEA and I was satisfied with that.

If I were to rate BFtP with other light M/M romances, such as Shawn Lane's, BFtP would be a 4-star so if you're looking for something easy and feel-good, you should enjoy Ms Hecht's latest.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blast from the Past.