- -'s Reviews > Sea Change

U_50x66
Jul 02, 10

bookshelves: own, reviewed
Read in January, 2009

I think this is one of those books that you glimpse in the bookstore but don't buy because your doubtful about it. Well wipe all doubts away peeps because its actually worth a read. A good long fast page turning read that leaves you wanting even more.

The book starts and ends with a ferry ride. On one Miranda is sceptical about going and on the other is reluctant to leave yet happy she was there.
Of all sixteen year old heroins I've read about i think Miranda is one of my favorites. She's very easy to relate to for any girl teenage or otherwise, because her journey on Selkie marks a journey we've all taken or will eventually take. The journey to finding ones self, it all starts somewhere. And Selkie is where it starts for Miranda.

When you get farther into the book you find yourself enveloped and consumed by the mystery of Selkie Island and i know about a million questions went threw my head.

Then there is Leo the mysterious boy that Miranda is enthralled with. He definitely plays a part in both her finding out who she is and the great mystery surrounding Selkie Island. And of course there is a bit of romance thrown in.

My favorite way to look at it is that when Miranda arrived on Selkie she was this girl who doubted herself and was shy, who didn't have the greatest sense of who she was. And when she left Selkie this amazing transformation had happened somewhere between the lines like a hermit crab coming out of its shell.

The greatest thing about the book though i don't often say this was the ending. It leaves you to come to your own conclusions instead of telling you what happened. And this leaves a lasting affect that makes you want more.

10 Reasons you need to read this book:

1. Easy to relate to characters you will fall in love with on the spot
2. Interesting plot that keeps you on your toes
3. A new mystery, you get to make your own conclusions in the end
4. Leo just about beats Edward Cullen on the 'fwaaa' meter
5. Its the perfect read for summer (i can offer an explanation for that one)
6. It leaves you wanting more
7. Your enveloped in the mystery and magic of Selkie Island
8. If I ever make a list of YA books all young adults should read this will be in the top 10
9. It's one of those books you can't forget no matter how hard you try
10. You will never say that you regret having read it

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sea Change.