Angela's Reviews > Ivy League Stripper

Ivy League Stripper by Heidi Mattson

May 22, 11

bookshelves: memoirs-biography-auto-bio, non-fiction
Read from May 14 to 22, 2011

This was such a fun book! It really went into the trials of someone trying to pay for an ivy league education with no money to do it. It was interesting how it pointed out that Brown allotted a certain amount that would be "donated by family" toward her tuition. Her family didn't have anything to give, and I imagine there are many families of potential ivy leaguers or any college student that don't have the funds to donate. She went into good depth to explain the process of how she eventually turned to topless dancing, and that was really fascinating to me (since the majority of women cannot relate to that line of work).

I also enjoyed that while you got a good look into the inside bits of the industry, the book more focused on her mindset throughout the years she was in college and using the dancing to pay for tuition. It was more about her focus on remaining a normal, well adjusted student as well as a clear headed woman.

If you like getting the inside scoop on various roles on the sex industry, this is a good book to pick up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ivy League Stripper.