Leanne Bell's Reviews > iBoy

iBoy by Kevin Brooks

This is the first book i've read by Kevin Brooks, and it caught my attention because i'm a bit of a computer nerd and the idea really made me curious, curious enough to take a chance on a book by an author i'd never heard of before. I now think i'll be reading more of his books, because his writing quality is excellent!

As well as having enough tech jargon in it to satisfy the biggest computer genius in existence, it was also an emotional, riviting and ultimately beautiful story about love, life and morality.I was hooked from start to finish and i felt really tied to the characters and i found myself questioning; do we have the right to meddle in things? Does anyone? And can any of us ultimately predict the consequences of our actions?

I'm still left pondering these questions and more, and the ending is left pretty open, not in an unfinished way, more in a 'think for youself' kind of way. And i loved how the main characters were left at the end, i closed the book feeling relatively happy, yet feeling a bit of sadness for both Tom and Lucy.

Action packed, thoughtful, emotional and, i have to warn readers, contains some distressing events, this is a book you won't forget for a long time. A shining star among all the young adult novels around, and i can't praise it any higher if i tried.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read iBoy.

07/05/2010 page 69
24.0% "really good so far, and very moving"
02/24/2016 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Alexandra (AlexEatsBooks) Uah! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did ^.^

Leanne Bell it's a fantastic idea, and i'm loving it so far

Alexandra (AlexEatsBooks) Couldn't have put it better if I tried - you really must read his other books - they're just as amazing as this!

Leanne Bell Alexandra wrote: "Couldn't have put it better if I tried - you really must read his other books - they're just as amazing as this!"

Awesome, i'll give them a go. i'd never really thought bout them before. i saw them in waterstones all the time, but never picked them up, i will do now though!