LynnMarie's Reviews > Seven Tears Into the Sea

Seven Tears Into the Sea by Terri Farley

Jul 02, 10

LynnMarie’s Review

Seven Tears into the Sea was a cute Young Adult romance. The title intrigued me, as did the cover art. There was a unique paranormal element…no vamps or werewolves in this one. The mythology wound itself throughout the chapters, which left me wanting to know more.

Gwen spends the summer at her grandmother’s bed and breakfast to help out. She’s seventeen and still remembered the mysterious day when she was ten years old. A boy saved her from drowning and whispered words that she could never comprehend, “Beckon the sea, I’ll come to thee…Shed seven tears, perchance seven years...”

Now, years later, the mystery surrounding that one childhood event comes back into her life.
This is a Young Adult read with nothing explicit and safe for middle school readers. The writing was crisp and beautifully descriptive. My only disappointment was the lack of a traditional HEA.

For a sweet, engaging YA read with a hint of paranormal and the lure of true love conquers all, Seven Tears into the Sea may be the book for you.

3 1/2 Tea Cups!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seven Tears Into the Sea.