Krysta's Reviews > Dark Blue: Color Me Lonely

Dark Blue by Melody Carlson

Jul 10, 10

Read in July, 2010

The Color Me series was given to my by my Christian boyfriend's sister, since she didn't need them anymore and thought they reminded her of another series that my sister is reading (though they are actually QUITE different). I was stuck in an airport during a layover when my flight got canceled, so I picked up the first book in the Color Me series.
I know the book is meant for a much younger age group, and I;m not a Christian (or religious at all for that matter) but I thought I'd give it a shot.

You can definitely tell the book was written for a younger crowd, but that isn't what bothered me. The story itself was very easy to relate to, up until the religious part came in, and it wasn't even subtle, but very in-your-face. Maybe it's because I'm not religious, nor do I believe in a higher deity (be it God or otherwise) but the fact that all of Kara's problems were solved overnight by her letting Jesus in to her heart just didn't settle well with me.
I understand it's a religious book, but other than the Jesus bits, I didn't think it was half bad for a pre-teen book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Blue.

07/10/2010 page 196