Yvette's Reviews > Dark Harvest

Dark Harvest by Lynda Hilburn

Jul 01, 10

** spoiler alert ** Okay, first off, I honestly couldn't tell that the author who work the first book, wrote this one as well.

The main character, Dr. Kismet Knight, a vampire phsycologist has gotten herself an evil admirer who wants to use her as his food source and sex slave.

Devereux her lover, mate, whatever you want to call it is trying to protect her in anyway he can, only to realize that nothing is working. The evil vampire is just too powerful.

Interesting plot, but the story was such a freaking drag. Kismet was inside her own head, questioning this and analyzing that throughout the whole book. I honestly skipped so much of the book just to get the actual dialogue and action in the story, it was ridiculous.

Some questions weren't answered, like "how come dev never told her she was a emotional vampire?" (not really clear on what the heck that is but okay). "what the heck was hallow?" (seems nobody knew that) "what does dev mean when he says he wants to bond with kismet?" (not sure that was ever explained)

Plus it seems like all the relationship is, between kismet and devereux, is just sex. Almost everytime she seems him she wants to jump his bones. Especially when she gets 'influenced' by Hallow. And then contanstly describing how 'muscular' his chest is. I get it, he's a mega hot vampire.

I wanted to like this book, since I liked the first one. But it let me down. So would not waste my time on another Kismet Knight book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Harvest.