Nemesis's Reviews > Uneven

Uneven by Anah Crow

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Uneven.

Quotes Nemesis Liked

Anah Crow
“It was knock or go home and die. Rase knocked.
The door opened with such alacrity that Rase wondered whether Gabriel had been standing on the other side, drawn to the door by the same uncanny instinct that had inspired him to torment Rase.
"You said anytime," Rase said, before Gabriel could say anything.
"I did." Gabriel seemed unperturbed at having his employer show up at his door. He stepped back to let Rase in.
Rase had been expecting something in keeping with the rest of the building. Instead, Gabriel's apartment was shabby but spotless. It was one main room with a niche for the kitchen and a tiny bathroom that Rase could see through a narrow door that stood ajar. He walked to the center of the room and found himself only feet from Gabriel's bed, a sizable bed with a heavy iron frame. That stopped him in his tracks, and he stood there, wondering what to do with himself.
"Beer?" Gabriel was so close that Rase could feel Gabriel's breath on his hair.
"This isn't a social call," Rase said, not even trying to keep his voice steady.
"Then why are your clothes still on?”
Anah Crow, Uneven
tags: bdsm, gay

Anah Crow
“You really want to go out to dinner?" Gabriel shot Rase a skeptical look out of the corner of his eye.
"As opposed to what?"
"Getting on your knees and begging me to beat you." There was no inflection in Gabriel's voice, no heat, and no emotion at all. He wasn't even looking at Rase.
... "I don't want one more than the other," he answered, fully aware that he was being challenged. "They're not interchangeable. I want them both."
Rase took a breath to calm the pounding in his chest and continued, even though Gabriel wouldn't look at him. "I want to go out to dinner with you, anywhere you want, on a date. And then I want to go back to your place or my place and I want you to beat me until I bleed.”
Anah Crow, Uneven