Rita Webb's Reviews > Unlocked: Ten Key Tales

Unlocked by Jaimey Grant

Dec 20, 10

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: anthology, books-written-by-me, ya, read-in-2010

10 stories. 9 authors. A key to tie them all together.

Assassin's Keeper by Jaimey Grant
Sable kills to rid the world of the corrupted nobles of old London. Her keeper's job is to clean up her messes. I wished this story would go on forever. I'd love to see what happens next.

My favorite quote: "Sable hated it when a killing went too smoothly. It was like thumbing one’s nose at the devil, taunting him to do his worst."

Crop Circles by Wendy Swore
A teenage boy working on his uncle's farm finds himself harvesting tourists rather than wheat when crop circles are found in the wheat field. What I liked best about this story is Wendy's strong, unique voice. She had me smiling from the first line.

My favorite quote: I glanced at the half dozen holes that dotted the field, like the ground opened up and swallowed the wheat whole. John Deere or otherwise, no combine on earth could fix this. “I don’t see how. The wheat’s ruined.”

“We ain’t going to harvest the wheat. See, the key is how you spin it.

Symbiote by Rita Webb *yeah, that's me*
Cyborg RW1211 dreams of freedom, but dreaming is against the rules. She spends her days pretending to be a good little slave girl and her nights staring at the stars and arguing with voices only she can hear.

My favorite quote:

“I have dreams.”
“Running through your stored images during stasis isn't dreaming. You're such a child.”
“Children are alive, so I must be alive too.”

Ran out of time. Will add more later...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unlocked.

Quotes Rita Liked

S.M. Carrière
“But for your eyes. Green as spring grass, and sparkling like dew in the morning sun.”
S.M. Carrière, Unlocked: Ten Key Tales