Ruth's Reviews > Ruthless Heart

Ruthless Heart by Emma Lang

Jul 02, 10

bookshelves: western-cowboy, historical-romance, non-classical-beauty-heroine, bad-boy-badass-s-o-b-rake-hero, all-time-favorites, covers-i-want-to-lick
Read from July 01 to 02, 2010

OMG. I really LOVED this book. It's what historical romance should be all about for me. The characters were fresh - a plain, resourceful and determined heroine, and a gruff, moderately-attractive, loner hero - and the plot was fabulous. The story is written using the language the characters use, foul language and all, which makes it more earthy and real. I really struggled to put this down. Also, the steamy bits are extremely well-written, probably among the best I've seen - real, passionate, true to the characters and not icky. The author is a pseudonym for Beth Williamson, whom, in my ignorance, I hadn't read before. I shall now!!
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ruthless Heart.

Juliana Philippa Your review had me adding this book to my TBR list and since the library and pbswap didn't have it, I splurged and bought it - SO glad that I did! Was really different from other romances I've read but I LOVED it!!! Am not that interested in Angeline's story, but will definitely be keeping my eye out for this author.

Ruth I'm so glad you liked it, Juliana!

Some of the reviews were more mixed, so I didn't know if this was a case of it just tickling my funny bone and no one else's. It is one of my all-time faves, my favorite by this author and a regular re-read.