Brenda's Reviews > Commuters

Commuters by Emily Gray Tedrowe

Aug 10, 2010

bookshelves: to-read
Read in July, 2010

I was sick while reading this so am a little foggy about the book. It held my interest while I was suffereing from asthma/allergy stuff. There were some surprises in this book, the interactions between family members after a late in life marriage of a man who knew he had a health problem he didn't share with his new wife. His daughter who wants to stop him from spending any of his money, etc., knows this. Below I'm Including the information from the back of the book. I figure any book that can pretty much hold my interested and I keep picking it up while trying to breathe is a pretty good read!

Winnie Easton has finally found love again with Jerry Trevis, a wealthy businessman who has moved to the small town of Hartfield, New York to begin his life anew. But their decision to buy one of the town’s biggest houses ignites anger and skepticism in their families. Jerry’s daughter, Annette, fears her inheritance might disappear, and takes drastic action to freeze Jerry’s assets, while Winnie’s daughter, Rachel, struggling with her own finances, is secretly humiliated by her mother’s newfound love and money: but not enough to turn down Jerry’s offer of a loan. In the meantime, Avery, Jerry’s 20-year-old grandson, a hot-shot chef with an attitude and a cocaine-fueled past, is scouting out venues in which to start his own restaurant-with none other than Jerry’s money to back him up. With so much riding on Jerry’s wealth–Avery’s restaurant, Rachel’s loans, Winnie’s new home–a rapid decline in Jerry’s physical health forces hard decisions on the family, renewing some old loyalties while creating new and surprising alliances.(less)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Commuters.