~Tina~'s Reviews > Succubus Blues

Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead

Sep 22, 10

bookshelves: urban_fantasy, adults, paranormal, favorites, read-2010
Read on September 22, 2010

Already a huge fan of Mead's Vampire Academy, I wasn't sure how I'd take her Urban Fantasy series since I've never been a huge fan of it really. Leave it to Richelle Mead to change all that and have this sensational masterpiece hit my favorites shelf!
I don't know how Mead does it, like the first VA book it was a slow go in the beginning and this one was the same way for me, but then out of know where your hooked to ever word, every character and it was impossible to put down.
I really should have had more faith.

Georgina is definitely my kind of gal. She's a sassy little minx and I guess that's needed, you know, since she has to work for hell and all. But even with her job having ups and downs, she still handles everything quite well with quick wit and quirky habits. I find it utterly adorable when it comes to her love of books and her logic while reading them. I also loved that she teaches and loves to dance. Her past is so sad and haunting and I was completely absorbed in her memories during that time. I sympathize with the fact that she can't really ever have a real romantic connection again, but through it all, she still remains...Georgina.

The men in her life? And I do mean all of them. Hugh, Doug, Jerome, Carter, Peter, Cody, Roman and last (but far from) least, Seth, are all wonderfully amazing and the funnest bunch of guys I ever meet in a book. Loved them all.

As for the love triangle, I feel bad for G, since I even had a hard time picking between the too.
Roman hung on my arm pretty much through out the whole book. I instantly liked him right from the start. Building shelves, bowling, salsa dancing, he has a very attractive confidence and easy nature about him that I just adored.
I.should.have.known.

Then there's Seth, ah sweet unsociable, shy shy shyy, Seth. Better with written words then actually speaking them, it took me a bit to warm up to the guy to be honest but in the end? That kiss and the chapter that followed it? That was breathtakingly beautiful.
Thetis...how priceless and perfect is that?!?
Seth baby, all the way!

The mystery surrounding the book, in true Mead fashion, was utterly brilliant. Did.not.see.that.coming. At All. Loved the twist and turns we found in this book, which makes it that more addicting and incredible.
All in all I adored and loved Succubus Blues, it has everything you'll ever want in a paranormal UF. Outstanding characters, sexy steamy scenes, unpredictable plot that keeps you on your toes and writing that keeps us thrilled and entertained right till the very last page.
I could go on and on but I can't since I have the next book at the ready.
So all I'm gonna say is read this, all of you, everyone single one of you, read.this.now.
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus Blues.

09/22/2010 page 343
100.0% "Yeah, I couldn't put this down." 2 comments

message 1: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Woo hoo!

~Tina~ LOL Okay, lets see what all the fuss is about XD

message 3: by Nic (last edited Sep 22, 2010 05:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic It's all about Seth.....

message 4: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen I'm so excited you're reading this, Tina! You're going to LOVE them.

Arlene Okay, I can't wait to hear what you think of this. I've yet to try them, but I might wait until after VA is complete. Happy reading Tina!

Laura Glynn I'm with you there Jen, my favourite series to date!!! You'll love it, if you don't there's something officially wrong with you! Ha!

message 7: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

~Tina~ Thanks guys! So far so good, there are a lot of different characters so I'm taking my time with this one to make sure I get the cast down, plus UF has never been my thing.
Me likey:)

message 9: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim I know what you mean Tina, but this just grabbed me by the collar and pulled me in.

message 10: by Jen (last edited Sep 22, 2010 11:22AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen You will end up loving and knowing each and every character like they're your BFF. Jerome and Carter are freaking awesome. And Sethhhhhhh..... He makes socially retarded look gewwwwwd.

message 11: by ~Tina~ (last edited Sep 22, 2010 11:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~Tina~ Seth is cool, but I'm loving Roman as of now.

The rest of the guys are awesome!

message 12: by Morgan (new)

Morgan F I think I'm the only one who hasn't read this.

~Tina~ Arlene hasn't yet. I think Kim's last review sold her on it though. You should read it, you'll probably like it:)

Sidenote; I didn't read any of your reviews Kim, but DAME I want to. I'll be good.

message 14: by Morgan (new)

Morgan F I'll probably read it eventually, but most likely not anytime soon.

message 15: by Nic (last edited Sep 22, 2010 06:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Yay, you loved it ~spins Tina around~ Told you so Isn't it awesome :D Are you going to read the whole series in a row? Really you should!

message 16: by ~Tina~ (last edited Sep 22, 2010 06:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~Tina~ But of course, I can't stop now since I'm freaking HOOKED!
For awhile there I wasn't sure what you guys were on about when it came to Seth. Oh boy, did you guys prove me wrong!

message 17: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim I'm so glad you liked this. These books are amazing.

I wish I had more time to read DX