Shelbie Malin's Reviews > A Kiss in Time

A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn

Jul 01, 2010

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read in January, 2010

I. Love. This. Author. I had read Beastly when I heard that it was coming out as a movie, and me, having a slight obsession with Alex Pettyfer (Kyle Kingsley) I went out and read it, and it was awesome. A Kiss in Time, however, greatly surpassed it! I grabbed this one at the B&N on thurs when I got Wanted and finished this one in one night. That’s how amazing this is.

Told with switching viewpoints between Talia and Jack, this story is a modern re-telling of the classic tale Sleeping Beauty, and I definitely like this story better! One thing I love about Flinn's writing is the characters. One of the main, Jack, was funny and sweet, and really cared about Talia. Talia was so funny how she wasn't used to 21st century language and gadgets, but without being annoying. The plot followed the basic plot of Sleeping Beauty without seeming overdone or unrealistic, which is always good, but there wasn't anything overly amazing about the plot. Finally, the dialogue! That is what completely MADE this book, everyone had insane, awesome, funny dialogue that was just leaves me at such a loss for words, it’s incredible! Overall I think you should def. check out A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Kiss in Time.