Emilie's Reviews > Daughters of the North

Jul 25, 10

bookshelves: 2010, feminism, fiction
Read from June 30 to July 01, 2010

21 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughters of the North.

message 1: by Nancy (new) - added it

Nancy Emilie, I was thinking of reading this, but maybe I'll give it a pass. Thanks for the thoughtful review. =)

Emilie thank you, nancy. i was a little worried about writing such a negative review.
i know my expectations affect my experience of a book, and mine were high. if you decide to read it, i recommend you get it from the library. (smiles)

message 3: by Shane (new)

Shane I'm with Nancy; I'm thinking I'll not bother with this one now. Thanks, em.

Emilie (smiles) thanks shane.

Emilie thanks dave. i like the way you phrase it, that makes me feel better about it. i keep feeling a vague guilt, like i should've said something more balanced or whatever, but yeah, this is my response to it and why.

Emilie (laughs) that is true!

message 7: by Kelly (new)

Kelly I really liked the part where you talk about how we're supposed to recognize a strong woman through her acting strong in stereotypically masculine ways. ARGH and half people. If that was groundbreaking feminism, Hollywood'd be a powerhouse of feminism.

Nice review!

message 8: by Emilie (last edited Jul 31, 2010 05:52PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Emilie thanks kelly! (smiles)
yes, and the thought of hollywood as a powerhouse of feminism is pretty funny!